Simple, Easy to Use and Compliant
Schedule video consultations at any time that suits the practice workflow. Staff can work from home at times that are more convenient for them. Available appointment times and consultation types are managed by you.
The Medechat button on your practice website allows previously registered pet owners at your practice to easily schedule video consults with your vets. Vet and pet owner receive a text or email confirming the time.
At the scheduled time, the consulting vet and the pet owner join the session. The pet is examined by the Vet during the video chat and prescriptions can be written. Payments are made securely through the platform and notes are e-mailed to your practice admin for attachment or copy into the patient file in your PMS. The video consultation is recorded and archived.
The pet owner is emailed a summary and a follow up appointment is made if required in-clinic or via Medechat. If a clinic visit is required, a voucher may be issued to offset the cost of an in-clinic examination within a specified time.
Offer your clients after hours and emergency video consultations with board certified VetCheck 24/7 Vets. All notes come back to your practice and you receive $25 per consult. It's just like having vets on staff 24/7.
A video consultation can never replace a hands-on examination of an ill or injured pet, but it can be useful for assessing remote patients, triage after hours as well as behaviour, skin and post surgery consultations.
Benefits of using Medechat
What can Medechat be used for?
- Initial consultations
- General advice in and out of clinic hours
- Triage in and out of hours
- Assessing remote patients
- Behaviour problems and treatment plans
- Advice and treatment plans for skin issues
- Post surgery follow up consultations
- Discharge instructions prior to pick up to alleviate busy periods
- Herd health consults with farmers
- Equine triage e.g. in colic cases
- Revisit / follow up wound checks
- Decreasing unnecessary in-clinic visits
- Free nurse consults for puppy and kitten advice, nutrition advice, dental checks etc
Get on board with Medechat and help raise funds for RSCPA Victoria
Medechat is donating 40c from every teleconsult on the Medechat platform to the RSPCA Victoria. Improve the health and well being of your vets and help the RSPCA at the same time with Medechat.